Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Power of a lollipop


So tonight I am chatting with a dear friend from South Dakota that I miss terribly on my way home. We get home and the kids proceed to get out (Luke needed assistance) and were playing when all of a sudden I hear a door shut, followed by a painful cry. Luke's finger got brushed by the car door Ella was shutting. Luckily it was just some broken skin on his pinky and not a full finger smashed. I got off the phone in a hurry, as most moms do when they hear that type of cry and comforted Luke and Ella for what had happened.

I had some Halloween candy stashed away and got it out as a way to distract Luke so I could examine his finger and bend it back and forth to assure myself it was not broken! After tangling with the wrapper, Luke won and treated himself to the lollipop.

All is well with the world now, funny how a lollipop can change our feelings from hurt to happy, sad to glad. I think I need to take some of my kid's medicine to heart.

1 comment:

Tausif Akib Khan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.