Friday, May 6, 2011

Being a Mom



To be a mom is the most challenging and most rewarding job there is. It changed my life, and only for the better. Some of the most respected and loved people I know are moms. They can somehow relate to the great or low day you have had, understand the never ending process of laundry and keeping a house clean and nutritious meals prepared, they understand my feelings of lost of sanity, of saying No more than Yes.

They get it, inside and out, and what I have found that we always come back to, in each and every conversation is the love and devotion we have for our children, we love and guard them with our lives, just as our mothers did and still do for us.

This mother's day I think of not only my mom, but my sister as a mother, sister-in-laws as moms, mother-in-law for being a mother to my husband, my grandma, my yaya and what there mothers must of been like. We all have faced the many obstacles of being a parent, but the tradition of motherhood continues on.

Where would we be without our mom's? I know I would not be the mom I am today without the love of my mom. Happy Mother's Day- all you mom's out there. Sunday is for you!!!

No comments: