Saturday, April 9, 2011

On the heels of 2

With Luke just a few months away from turning two, I am beginning to see my future! I would say it has more smiles and laughs but he is one stubborn little man. Yesterday after waking up from his second nap of the day (me thinking he is going to be a happy dude) we go to the pantry to retrieve a snack, he points to the vegetable oil container (a smaller one, as who know when we are moving and this won't travel well). I give it to him to appease the situation, first wrong, and he breaks into tears and demands to open. I tell him NO and he bends himself over dramatically and shakes his head, again, again, and again.
I just stand there is awe of him. I think he believe it is apple juice and this momma know better, but thought it would make him happy, it back fired and made the situation worse.

And we are not wanting to go to bed on time, last time he made it down the stairs, not once but twice. The first time, I met him half way down the stairs and told him to turn around, he did and back to bed we went. The second time was not as graceful, as I heard a thump and there he was, two steps from the new stained floors, looking a little amazed by how fast he got down the stairs, too. No crying and some TLC with Dad and he was asleep in no time.

This morning, I got to rock him for a hour during a heavy thunder storm and caught up on Top Chef Masters. Now we are sitting on the couches, him with a bowl of cereal and me my laptop and coffee.

The house work list has not gotten any shorter, either. Make it a great day!

No comments: